Rental Assistance For Mississippians Program
SCAM ALERT! Please be aware of anyone trying to charge a fee for application assistance for the RAMP ERA program! There is no fee associated with filling out an application.
This program is for you if you are:
- A landlord who has tenants behind on their rent
- A Tenant who needs help paying past due rent and/or utilities in the unit they are currently living in
- A tenant who has a total household income below 80% of area median income.
Eligible households may receive up to 15 months of assistance to make rent and utility payments current.
An application for rental assistance may be submitted by either an eligible tenant or by a landlord on behalf of that eligible tenant. Tenants and landlords must apply through the www.ms-ramp.com website. Funds will be paid directly to landlords and utility service providers.
As defined by The U.S. Department of Treasury an “eligible household” is a renter household in which at least one or more individuals meet the following criteria:
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19;
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- Has a household income at or below 80 percent of the area median.
Documentation is required to prove eligibility requirements.
Eligible households that include an individual who has been unemployed for the 90 days prior to application for assistance and households with income at or below 50 percent of the area median will be prioritized for assistance.
Eligible households who receive a monthly federal subsidy may be eligible to receive rental assistance for the tenant-owed portion of rent under the MS RAMP program.